English (US) | Polski

STS Kruzenshtern

Stock Press Photo | STS Kruzenshtern
The STS Kruzenshtern or Krusenstern is a four-masted barque that was built in 1926 at Geestemünde in Bremerhaven, Germany as the Padua (named after the Italian city). She was surrendered to the USSR in 1946 as war reparation and renamed after the early 19th century Baltic German explorer in Russian service, Adam Johann Krusenstern (1770–1846). She is now a Russian sail training ship.
Of the four remaining Flying P-Liners, the former Padua is the only one still in use, mainly for training purposes, with her home ports in Kaliningrad (formerly Königsberg) and Murmansk. After the Sedov, another former German ship, she is the largest traditional sailing vessel still in operation.

Popular items in last 90 days

This widget requires Flash Player 9 or better

Tag cloud

Tag cloud loading...

Koszyk

Informacje o albumie

Stats

  • Albums: 41
  • Photos: 2030
  • Hits: 271761